Before and/or After School Counselors
Before and/or After School Counselors @ Apex Elementary, Olive Chapel Elementary, TMSA Apex, Apex Friendship Elementary, Penny Road or Oak Grove Elementary
- Supervises and builds relationships with a group of elementary and/or middle school students.
- Implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Creates an atmosphere that is fun, safe, friendly and challenging.
- Mentors and models responsible behavior while leading children in the program.
- Models and facilitates relationship-building skills in all interactions and maintains positive relationships with campers, parents, school staff and other YMCA staff.
- Adheres to YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency management.
- Ensures that space and equipment used for the program is taken care of and left in good, clean condition daily.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.